Last Updated on by Sleey
Andrew Denton is an Australian television presenter, comedian, and producer.
Andrew Denton Biography
Denton is known for his engaging interview style and has been a prominent figure in the Australian media industry. Denton began his career in the late 1980s as a radio broadcaster, hosting various shows on Triple M and 2Day FM in Sydney. He gained national recognition with his television show called “The Money or the Gun,” which aired from 1989 to 1993. The show featured Denton interviewing musicians and performers while showcasing comedy skits and musical performances.
Andrew Denton Age
He was born on May 4, 1960, in Sydney, Australia.
Andrew Denton Wife
Sure. Andrew Denton’s wife is Jennifer Byrne. She is a television presenter and journalist. They have been married since 1999 and have one son together.
Andrew Denton books
Andrew Denton has written 6 books, all of which are non-fiction. They are:
- Moving the Goalposts (2002) is a collection of essays and interviews.
- Beastly Tales (2005) is a collection of children’s stories.
- Elders (2009) is a collection of interviews with older Australians.
- Best of Enough Rope (2011) is a collection of the best interviews from the Enough Rope television show.
- Hold Your Horses! (2013) is a children’s book about animals.
- Kingdom Builders (2016) is a collection of essays about the power of individuals to make a difference.
Andrew Denton Career
Andrew Denton has had a long and successful career in Australian television. He is known for his sharp wit, insightful interviews, and willingness to tackle difficult topics.
Here is a brief overview of his career:
- 1980s: Denton began his career in radio, working at Triple M Sydney and 2UE Sydney.
- 1988: He hosted the television show Blah Blah Blah, which was a mix of comedy and interviews.
- 1994: He created and hosted the television show Enough Rope, which was an interview program that featured in-depth conversations with a wide range of guests. The show was highly acclaimed and ran for 12 seasons.
- 2008: He created the television show The Gruen Transfer, which is a comedy panel show about advertising. The show has been running for 14 seasons and is one of the most popular shows on Australian television.
- 2012: He hosted the television show Randling, which was a game show that featured celebrities competing in a variety of challenges.
- 2018: He hosted the television show Andrew Denton’s Interview, which was a series of in-depth interviews with Australian celebrities.
Denton has also written several books, including Moving the Goalposts, Beastly Tales, Elders, Best of Enough Rope, Hold Your Horses!, and Kingdom Builders.
Andrew Denton Networth
Andrew Denton’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million.