Last Updated on by Sleey
Andrew Harvey Biography
Andrew Harvey is a well-known British journalist whose career spans three decades. He has been an influential figure through this time, hosting most of the important television news shows for the BBC and ITN on British television.
Andrew Harvey Age
Harvey was born on March 3, 1944. He is 79 years old.
Andrew Harvey Height
His estimated height is 6 feet tall.
Andrew Harvey Education
Harvey studied English and French literature at the University of Oxford. In 1973, he earned a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) degree.
Andrew Harvey Family | Parents | Siblings
Andrew Harvey’s family information is not publicly known. There is no information about his parents or siblings on his official BBC profile or in any other public records. He has never spoken about his family in public interviews.
Andrew Harvey Married | Spouse | Children
He is married to his husband, writer and photographer Eryk Hanut. They live together in Nevada. Harvey has never spoken publicly about his children, so it is unknown whether he has any.
Andrew Harvey Career
He began his BBC television career in Bristol, working in production before becoming a news reporter in 1975 and then going on to the premiere of breakfast television in the United Kingdom, Breakfast Time on BBC One. He continued on from there to host the main Nine O’Clock News on BBC One as well as the One O’Clock and Six O’Clock News.
Harvey moved from national news to become a presenter on South Today, the BBC’s regional news program for the Southampton region, as well as having presented on BBC Points West in the Bristol region and again on BBC News. Harvey left the BBC after a 30-year career in 2014. Since then, he has worked as a freelance journalist and broadcaster.
He has also published several books, including “The New World of News” and “The BBC: A History.”
Andre Harvey Achievements | Awards | Books
Harvey is a highly respected journalist with a long and distinguished career. He has achieved many things in his career, including:
- Winning the Royal Television Society’s Journalist of the Year award in 2015 for his reporting on the refugee crisis.
- Being nominated for several other awards, including the BAFTA Award for Best News and Current Affairs Journalist.
- Working as a news reporter and presenter for the BBC for over 30 years.
- Reporting on a wide range of stories, from the war in Iraq to the refugee crisis in Europe.
- Writing several books, including “The New World of News” and “The BBC: A History.”
- Founding and directing the Institute of Sacred Activism, which trains leaders and social justice advocates.
Harvey has won the following awards:
- Royal Television Society’s Journalist of the Year award (2015)
- Broadcasting Press Guild’s Television News Broadcaster of the Year award (2015)
- RTS Television Journalism Awards – Best News Anchor (2009)
- RTS Television Journalism Awards – Best News Presenter (2009)
- BAFTA Award for Best News and Current Affairs Journalist (nominated)
Andrew is the author of over 30 books on spirituality, mysticism, and social activism. Some of his most popular books include:
- The Way of Passion: A Celebration of Rumi (1994)
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying (with Sogyal Rinpoche, 1992)
- Son of Man: The Mystical Path to Christ (1998)
- The Direct Path: Creating a Personal Journey to the Divine Using the World’s Spiritual Traditions (2000)
- The Return of the Mother (2009)
- The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism (2012)
- Radical Regeneration: Sacred Activism and the Renewal of the World (2016)
Andrew Harvey Net worth
His estimated networth is between $1 million and $5 million.