Last Updated on by Sabina
Black Adam Reviews
Black Adam is a fictional character who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. He is primarily known as an adversary of the superhero Shazam (formerly known as Captain Marvel). Black Adam was created by writer Otto Binder and artist C.C. Beck and made his first appearance in “The Marvel Family” #1 in December 1945.
The character’s original origin story depicts him as an ancient Egyptian prince named Teth-Adam. Who was chosen by the wizard Shazam to be the champion of the Egyptian gods. However, Teth-Adam’s power corrupted him, and he used his newfound abilities for personal gain and vengeance. As a result, the wizard stripped him of his powers and banished him. Centuries later, he returned as Black Adam and sought revenge against the Marvel Family and the wizard.
Black Adam possesses powers similar to Shazam, which include superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and invulnerability. He can also fly and generate lightning bolts. Unlike Shazam, whose powers are derived from the Greek gods. Black Adam draws his power from the Egyptian gods, granting him a different set of abilities.
Over the years, Black Adam’s character has undergone various interpretations and developments. He has been portrayed as both a villain and an anti-hero. With complex motivations and a sense of justice that can sometimes clash with mainstream superheroes. In recent years, Black Adam has gained significant popularity and has appeared in various comic book series. Animated adaptations, and video games.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been cast to portray Black Adam. In a standalone live-action film titled “Black Adam,” which is scheduled for release in 2022. The film will explore the character’s origins and his journey from a villain to an anti-hero.
Black Adam Cast
The cast for the “Black Adam” film includes the following:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson is a renowned actor and former professional wrestler who has been cast in the lead role. He has been attached to the project for several years and is known for his charismatic and action-oriented performances.
- Noah Centineo as Al Rothstein/Atom Smasher: Noah Centineo, known for his roles in Netflix films such as “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” has been cast as Al Rothstein, a superhero with the ability to increase his size and strength.
- Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall/Hawkman: Aldis Hodge, known for his roles in films like “Straight Outta Compton” and TV series like “Leverage,” will portray Carter Hall, also known as Hawkman, a winged warrior with a long history in DC Comics.
- Quintessa Swindell as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone: Quintessa Swindell, known for their work in the TV series “Trinkets,” will play the role of Maxine Hunkel, also known as Cyclone, a superhero with the power to manipulate wind and weather.
- Sarah Shahi as Adrianna Tomaz/Isis: Sarah Shahi, known for her roles in TV series like “Person of Interest” and “The L Word,” has been cast as Adrianna Tomaz, who in the comics becomes the superhero Isis, possessing various magical abilities.
Where can i watch black adam
Here are some common platforms where you might be able to watch “Black Adam”:
Movie Theaters: The movie may be released in theaters, so you can check your local cinema listings to see if it’s playing near you.
Streaming Platforms: Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, or HBO Max could potentially offer “Black Adam” for online streaming. You can search for the movie on these platforms or keep an eye out for any official announcements regarding its availability.
Digital Rental/Purchase: Services such as iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Video, or Vudu often provide the option to rent or buy digital copies of movies. You can check these platforms to see if “Black Adam” is available for rental or purchase.
DVD/Blu-ray: Once the movie has been released, it may also be available on DVD or Blu-ray. You can check online retailers or local stores to see if it’s available in physical format.
Is Black Adam Shazam
In the DC Comics universe, Shazam (formerly known as Captain Marvel) are connected characters, but they are not the same person. Both characters derive their powers from the same source, the wizard Shazam, but they have different origins and storylines.
The movie also known as Teth-Adam, is an antihero/villain and an ancient Egyptian prince who was chosen by the wizard Shazam to receive the same powers as Shazam. However, It became corrupted by his power and turned to a path of tyranny and vengeance. He is often depicted as a nemesis to Shazam and a formidable opponent.
Shazam, on the other hand, is a superhero who is the alter ego of a young boy named Billy Batson. When Billy says the word “Shazam,” he is transformed into an adult superhero with various abilities. Shazam is known for his childlike innocence and enthusiasm and often battles against villains like Black Adam.
Both characters have their own distinct storylines, powers, and motivations, and while they are connected through their connection to the wizard Shazam, they are separate individuals.