Last Updated on by Sabina
Bruce Abbott Biography
Bruce Paul Abbott is an American film, stage, and television actor. He is known for portraying Dan Cain in the cult sci-fi horror films “Re-Animator” (1985) and “Bride of Re-Animator” (1990).
Abbott was born in Portland, Oregon, on July 28, 1954. He graduated from David Douglas High School in 1972 and then attended the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
Abbott began his acting career in theater, appearing in productions of A Winter’s Tale, All’s Well That Ends Well, Henry VI Part 2, The Tempest, and The Tragedy of King Richard III. He made his film debut in 1982 with the comedy-horror film Tag: The Assassination Game.
In 1985, Abbott starred in the cult sci-fi horror film Re-Animator, directed by Stuart Gordon. The film was a critical and commercial success, and it helped to launch Abbott’s career. He reprised his role as Dan Cain in the 1990 sequel Bride of Re-Animator.
Abbott has also appeared in a number of other films, including Bad Dreams (1988), The Prophecy II (1996), and Out of Time (2003). He has also had recurring roles on the television series Dark Justice (1992-1993) and The Outer Limits (1995-1999).
Abbott is married to actress Kathleen Quinlan, and they actively parent two children together. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Bruce Abbott Age
Bruce Abbott was born on July 28, 1954. As of today, March 8, 2023, he is 68 years old.
Bruce Abbott Family
Bruce Abbott was born to parents Richard Paul Abbott and Virginia Jean Abbott (née Anderson) in Portland, Oregon, on July 28, 1954. He has two siblings: a sister, Susan Abbott, and a brother, David Abbott.
Richard Paul Abbott was a sales representative for a logging company, and Virginia Jean Abbott was a homemaker.
Susan Abbott is a retired teacher and counselor. She lives in Portland, Oregon.
David Abbott is a retired firefighter. He lives in Salem, Oregon.
Bruce Abbott is close to his family, and he often visits them in Oregon. He is also a proud uncle to his nieces and nephews.
Bruce Abbott Wife I Bruce Abbott Children
Bruce Abbott is married to actress Kathleen Quinlan. They tied the knot in 1994 and share two children together: a son named Tyler Quinlan Abbott and a daughter named Mia Abbott.
Son: Tyler Quinlan Abbott was born on October 17, 1990. He is a musician and actor. He has appeared in the films “The Killing Jar” (2016) and “Deadly Switch” (2019).
Daughter: Mia Abbott was born on February 7, 1997. She is a student at the University of Southern California. She is majoring in film and television production.
Bruce Abbott and Kathleen Quinlan are a happily married couple, and they actively fulfill their roles as devoted parents to their two children. They live in Los Angeles, California.
Bruce Abbott Acting Career
- Dan Cain in Re-Animator (1985) and Bride of Re-Animator (1990). These cult sci-fi horror films are based on the H.P. Lovecraft story “Herbert West–Reanimator”. Abbott’s performance as Dan Cain, a medical student who partners with a mad scientist to bring the dead back to life, stands out as one of the highlights of the films.
- Dr. Sam Watts in Bad Dreams (1988). This psychological horror film follows a young woman who begins to have terrifying nightmares that seem to be coming true. Abbott plays a psychiatrist who tries to help her, but he soon realizes that he may be in over his head.
- Michael Thomas in The Prophecy II (1996). This supernatural thriller is the sequel to the 1995 film “The Prophecy”. Abbott portrays a former priest who has now become a government agent investigating a series of murders that appear to be linked to the Antichrist.
- Detective Jack Palmer in Out of Time (2003). This neo-noir thriller stars Denzel Washington as a police detective who is framed for murder. Abbott plays a fellow detective who helps him clear his name.
- Judge Nicholas Marshall in Dark Justice (1992-1993). This legal drama series follows a judge who presides over a special court that deals with cases involving the occult. Abbott played the lead role for the show’s entire run.
- Dr. Paul Curtis in The Outer Limits (1995-1999). This science fiction anthology series featured Abbott in a recurring role as a scientist who investigates strange and unexplained phenomena.
Bruce Abbott Net worth
Various sources estimate Bruce Abbott’s net worth to be around $1 million.