Last Updated on by Sabina
Azzara was inspired to pursue acting by the film La Strada and theatre legend Eleonora Duse. She studied with Lee Strasberg and Gene Frankel and soon began appearing off-Broadway and in regional theatres. In the summer of 1965, she appeared as Eve in On the First Day, a one-act play written by David Graeme and directed by Charles Merlis at the 41st Street Playhouse in Manhattan.
Azzara made her Broadway debut in 1968 in the play Lovers and Other Strangers, for which she was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play. She went on to appear in several other Broadway productions, including The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds (1972), Whose Life Is It Anyway? (1979), and The Real Thing (1984).
Azzara has also had a successful career in television. She appeared in the second pilot of the sitcom All in the Family, when it was titled “Those Were the Days” and the family name was Justice instead of Bunker. She was a regular on the sitcom Calucci’s Department and had recurring roles on Caroline in the City, Who’s the Boss?, Soap, and Rhoda. Azzara has guested on numerous series, including Diff’rent Strokes, The Wonder Years, The Practice, Kojak, Barney Miller, Trapper John, M.D., L.A. Law, CHiPs, Soap, One Day At A Time, The Love Boat, Night Court, Remington Steele, Murder, She Wrote, ER, Married… with Children and Joan of Arcadia.
Candice Azzara Age |How old is Candice Azzara?
Candice Azzara was born on May 18, 1945. As of today, August 11, 2023, she is 78 years old.
Candice Azzara Quick Facts
- Born: May 18, 1945, in Brooklyn, New York
- Education: Studied with Lee Strasberg and Gene Frankel
- Broadway debut: Lovers and Other Strangers (1968)
- Nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play
- Notable television roles: All in the Family, Calucci’s Department, Caroline in the City, Who’s the Boss?, Soap, and Rhoda
- Notable film roles: Fatso (1980), Easy Money (1983), and Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- Aunt of actress Lana Parrilla
- Talented actress with a long and successful career
- Known for her versatility and her ability to play a wide range of characters
- Also a gifted comedienne and has been praised for her comedic timing
- Respected member of the acting community and is known for her professionalism and her dedication to her craft
Candice Azzara Family
Azzara was born to Josephine (née Bravo) and Samuel Azzara in Brooklyn, New York. She has two siblings, a sister named Linda and a brother named Michael.
Her mother, Josephine, was a homemaker and her father, Samuel, was a salesman. They were both Italian immigrants.
Candice’s parents separated when she was young, and she was raised by her mother. She has said that her mother was a strong and independent woman who instilled in her a love of learning and a passion for acting.
Candice’s sister, Linda, is a retired teacher. Her brother, Michael, is a retired businessman.
Candice Azzara is the aunt of actress Lana Parrilla. Lana’s mother, Elsa, is Candice’s younger sister.
Candice Azzara is a private person and does not share much information about her family in public. However, she has spoken fondly of her parents and siblings in interviews. She has said that they are her biggest supporters and that she is grateful for their love and guidance.
Candice Azzara Wife | Candice Azzara Children
Candice Azzara has remained unmarried and childless by choice. She has expressed that she never felt the necessity to marry or have children, finding contentment in her life as a single woman.
Azzara has been open about her decision to not have children, and has said that she does not feel like she has missed out on anything. She has said that she loves her freedom and independence, and that she is grateful for the opportunity to focus on her career and her own personal growth.
Azzara is a role model for many women who have chosen not to have children. She is proof that it is possible to have a fulfilling and successful life without getting married or having kids.
Candice Azzara Movies
Candice Azzara has appeared in various movies throughout her career. Some of her notable film roles include:
- Easy Rider (1969) – She had a small role as Lisa.
- Cannery Row (1982) – Azzara played the character of Fauna.
- Catch Me If You Can (2002) – She appeared as Darcy.
- The In-Laws (2003) – Azzara portrayed Anna Sherman.
- Ocean’s Twelve (2004) – She had a role as Saul’s Mother.
- Edtv (1999) – Azzara played the character of Alice.
- The Last Word (2008) – She appeared as Maureen Howard.
- In Her Shoes (2005) – Azzara portrayed Sydelle Feller.
- A Night at the Roxbury (1998) – She had a role as Barbara Butabi.
- Made of Honor (2008) – Azzara played Betty.
Candice Azzara Net worth
Candice Azzara has an estimated net worth of $1 million. She has earned her net worth through her successful career as an actress. She has appeared in numerous films and television shows, including Fatso (1980), Easy Money (1983), Catch Me If You Can (2002), In Her Shoes (2005), and Little Boy (2015). Azzara has also had recurring roles on the television shows All in the Family, Calucci’s Department, Caroline in the City, Who’s the Boss?, Soap, and Rhoda.