Last Updated on by Sabina
Kalonzo Musyoka Biography
Kalonzo Musyoka (born December 24, 1953) is a Kenyan politician who served as the tenth Vice-President of Kenya from 2008 to 2013. He is the leader of the Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya, a political party that he founded in 2017.
Musyoka was born in Mwingi, Kenya. He studied law at the University of Nairobi and then worked as a lawyer. He entered politics in the 1980s and the people elected him to Parliament in 1988. Kalonzo served as a minister in the government of Daniel arap Moi from 1989 to 2002.
Mwai Kibaki defeated Musyoka in the 2002 presidential election, preventing him from becoming the President of Kenya. In 2008, Musyoka won the vice-presidential election and became the Vice-President as part of a coalition government with Kibaki. Uhuru Kenyatta defeated Musyoka in the 2013 presidential election, denying him the presidency once again.
Musyoka is a controversial figure. Accusers have accused him of corruption and have implicated him in the violence that followed the 2007 presidential election. He has denied these accusations.
Musyoka is a powerful and influential figure in Kenyan politics. People see him as a potential future president of Kenya.
Kalonzo Musyoka Age
Kalonzo Musyoka was born on December 24, 1953. As of today he is 69 years old.
Kalonzo Musyoka Family
Kalonzo Musyoka was born in Mwingi, Kenya, to Stephen Musyoka and Maria Musyoka. He has two siblings, a brother named Peter and a sister named Peninah.
Kalonzo Musyoka wife I Kalonzo Musyoka Son I Kalonzo Musyoka Daughter
Kalonzo Musyoka is married to Pauline Musyoka, and they have four children:
- Susan Musyoka: She is a lawyer and businesswoman.
- Kalonzo Musyoka Jr.: He is a businessman and politician.
- Kelvin Musyoka: He is a businessman and politician.
- Kristine Musyoka: She is a businesswoman and philanthropist.
Pauline Musyoka is a businesswoman and philanthropist. She is the founder and CEO of the Pauline Musyoka Foundation, which works to improve the lives of women and children in Kenya.
Kalonzo and Pauline Musyoka have maintained a strong and loving marriage for over 30 years. They demonstrate unwavering dedication to their family and their country.
Kalonzo Musyoka Political Career
Here is a brief overview of Kalonzo Musyoka’s political career:
- 1988: Elected to Parliament as the Member of Parliament for Mwingi North.
- 1989-2002: Served as a minister in the government of Daniel arap Moi, including as Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Education, and Minister for Home Affairs.
- 2002: Ran for President of Kenya but was defeated by Mwai Kibaki.
- 2008: Elected Vice-President of Kenya as part of a coalition government with Kibaki.
- 2013: Ran for President of Kenya again but was defeated by Uhuru Kenyatta.
- 2017: Founded the Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya, a political party.
- 2022: Running for President of Kenya in the 2022 general election.
Musyoka is a controversial figure in Kenyan politics. Accusers have implicated him in corruption and have alleged his involvement in the violence that followed the 2007 presidential election. He has denied these accusations.
Despite the controversies, Musyoka is a powerful and influential figure in Kenyan politics. He is seen as a potential future president of Kenya.
Kalonzo Musyoka News
- Kalonzo Musyoka to Join Raila Odinga’s Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Coalition (The Star, January 24, 2023)
- Kalonzo Musyoka to Be Sworn in as Wiper Party Leader (The Standard, February 25, 2023)
- Kalonzo Musyoka Holds Talks with Uhuru Kenyatta, Raila Odinga (The Nation, March 8, 2023)
- Kalonzo Musyoka Says He Will Not Be Raila Odinga’s Running Mate (The Star, April 20, 2023)
- Kalonzo Musyoka Launches New Political Party, the Pamoja African Alliance (The Standard, May 10, 2023)
In addition to these headlines, Kalonzo Musyoka has also been in the news for his recent meeting with President Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga. The Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Coalition saw the meeting as a sign of thawing relations between Musyoka and themselves.
It is still too early to say what the future holds for Kalonzo Musyoka. However, he remains a powerful figure in Kenyan politics and his decision to launch a new political party could have a significant impact on the 2022 general election.
Kalonzo Musyoka Twitter
Kalonzo Musyoka had a verified Twitter account under the handle “@skmusyoka.