Last Updated on by Sabina
Katie Aselton Biography
Katie Aselton is an American actress, film director, and producer. She was born on October 1, 1978, in Milbridge, Maine. Aselton is known for her roles in the films The Freebie (2010), Black Rock (2012), and The League (2009-2015). She has also directed several short films and the feature film The Freebie.
Aselton began her acting career in the early 2000s. She had small roles in several films and television shows. In 2009, she was cast in the recurring role of Jenny Slate on the television series The League. She remained with the show for its entire seven-season run.
In 2010, Aselton co-starred with her husband, Mark Duplass, in the film The Freebie. She also directed the film, which was shown in the non-competition “Next” category at the Sundance Film Festival.
Aselton has continued to work in film and television since then. She has starred in the films Black Rock (2012), The Gift (2015), and Synchronic (2019). She has also had recurring roles on the television series Legion (2017-2019) and The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window (2022).
Aselton is a talented and versatile actress. She has starred in a wide range of films and television shows, and she has received critical acclaim for her work. She is a rising star in Hollywood, and her work is sure to be enjoyed by audiences for many years to come.
In addition to her acting career, Aselton is also a film director and producer. She directed the short film Scrapple (2004), which was shown at the Sundance Film Festival, and the feature film The Freebie (2010). She is also a co-founder of the production company Duplass Brothers Productions.
Katie Aselton Age
Katie Aselton was born on October 1, 1978. As of today, August 17, 2023, she is 44 years old.
Katie Aselton Family
Katie Aselton was born to Mary Aselton and Mark Aselton in Milbridge, Maine. She has one brother, Ben Aselton.
Mary Aselton is a nurse. Mark Aselton is a carpenter.
Ben Aselton is a filmmaker. He has directed several short films and the feature film Black Rock (2012), in which his sister Katie Aselton starred.
Katie Aselton is close to her family. She often talks about them in interviews and on social media. She is grateful for their support of her career.
Katie Aselton Husband I Katie Aselton Kids
Katie Aselton and actor/filmmaker Mark Duplass have been married since 2007. Together, they have two daughters: Ora, born in 2007, and Molly, born in 2012.
Aselton and Duplass met in 1996 while attending Boston University. They initiated their relationship in 2002 and formalized their marriage in 2007. They are both members of the production company Duplass Brothers Productions.
Aselton and Duplass are a private couple and do not often talk about their personal lives in interviews. However, they have spoken about their commitment to family and their desire to raise their daughters in a creative environment.
In a 2015 interview with The New York Times, Aselton said that she and Duplass are “very hands-on parents” and that they “try to be as present as possible” for their daughters. She also said that they are “very open-minded” about their daughters’ education and that they want them to “explore their creativity.”
Aselton and Duplass are a successful couple in both their personal and professional lives. They are both talented and creative individuals who are dedicated to their families and their work.
Katie Aselton Movies
- “The Puffy Chair” (2005) – Katie Aselton starred in and co-directed this indie comedy film about a man’s journey to deliver a reclining chair to his father.
- “Black Rock” (2012) – She directed and starred in this thriller film about three friends who are threatened by a group of men while on a remote island.
- “The Freebie” (2010) – Aselton starred in and directed this relationship drama about a couple who decide to give each other one night of freedom.
- “The Gift” (2015) – She had a supporting role in this psychological thriller directed by Joel Edgerton.
- “Fun Mom Dinner” (2017) – Katie Aselton appeared in this comedy film about four moms whose night out leads to unexpected adventures.
- “Sword of Trust” (2019) – She played a role in this comedy film about a pawnshop owner and a couple who discover a Civil War-era sword.
- “Corporate Animals” (2019) – Aselton appeared in this comedy horror film about a group of employees trapped in a cave.
- “Deep Murder” (2019) – She had a role in this horror comedy film set on the set of a pornographic movie.
- “The Devil Has a Name” (2019) – Katie Aselton appeared in this drama film about a farmer’s fight against a powerful oil company.
- “Ride” (2014) – She starred in and directed this comedy film about a woman who takes a cross-country road trip after her marriage ends.
Katie Aselton Net worth
Aselton has a net worth of $12 million. She has earned her net worth through her successful acting career. She has starred in many films and television shows, and she has received critical acclaim for her work.