Last Updated on by Sleey
Kelly Evans Biography
Kelly Evans is an American journalist known for her role as the co-anchor of Power Lunch on CNBC. She has had a career in journalism that included a period working at CNBC Europe’s London office from May 2012 to May 2013, and she is currently based at CNBC’s headquarters in New Jersey.
Kelly Evans Age
Evans was born on July 17, 1985 in Lexington, Virginia. She is 38 years old.
Kelly Evans Height
Evans’ height is 1.78 meters, or 5 feet 10 inches.
Kelly Evans Education
She graduated from Rockbridge County High School and went on to study at Washington and Lee University, where she majored in economics and journalism.
Kelly Evans Family | Parents | Siblings
Her father’s name is Dave Evans but her mothers’ name is unknown. She was raised with her unknown sister.
Kelly Evans Married | Husband | Kids
Evans is married to Eric Chemi, a former CNBC sports reporter who now works in the insurance industry. They have four children.
Kelly Evans Career
Evans’ career began as a reporter for The Virginian-Pilot newspaper in Norfolk, Virginia. She then joined The Wall Street Journal as an economics reporter, where she wrote the “Ahead of the Tapes” column, wrote for “Heard on the Street”, and hosted the daily “News Hub” on WSJ.com. Before joining CNBC, she was a regular guest on various television news programs.
In 2012, Evans joined CNBC as a correspondent based in London. In 2013, she returned to the United States and became a co-anchor of Power Lunch. She is also the anchor of CNBC’s “The Exchange” (M-F, 1 PM-2 PM ET), the newsroom-based program for today’s investors. Evans is also the author of The Exchange newsletter, which includes commentary from Evans about top market stories.
Evans is a highly respected journalist and is known for her intelligence, wit, and ability to explain complex financial concepts in a clear and concise way. She has been praised for her ability to interview high-profile business leaders and to break down complex financial news stories in a way that is understandable to a wide audience.
Evans has achieved a great deal in her career as a journalist. Here are some of her notable achievements:
- Co-anchor of Power Lunch on CNBC, one of the most popular business news shows in the world
- Anchor of The Exchange on CNBC, a newsroom-based program for today’s investor
- Author of The Exchange newsletter, which includes commentary from Evans about top market stories
- Winner of the Henry Manne Award for Excellence in Financial Journalism
- Winner of the Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism
- Named one of Forbes’ “30 Under 30” in Media in 2013
In addition to these professional achievements, Evans is also a role model for working mothers and a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Evans has won the following awards:
- Henry Manne Award for Excellence in Financial Journalism (2017)
- Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism (2018)
Kelly Evans Net Worth
Evans’ net worth is estimated to be around $3 million.