Last Updated on by lizzy
Leonardo DiCaprio is one of Hollywood‘s most talented and successful actors. With a career spanning several decades, he has become known for his ability to portray complex characters and deliver powerful performances.
Leonardo DiCaprio Age
Leonardo DiCaprio was born on November 11, 1974, in Los Angeles, California. He is currently 48 years old.
Leonardo DiCaprio Education
DiCaprio attended Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, a magnet school in West Los Angeles. He dropped out of high school in his junior year to pursue acting, but later earned his GED.
Leonardo DiCaprio Parents
Leonardo’s parents divorced when he was young, and he lived primarily with his mother. His father was a comic book artist and distributor, and his mother worked several jobs to support the family.
Leonardo DiCaprio Brother
He has one stepbrother from his father’s remarriage, and a half-sister from his mother’s remarriage.
Leonardo DiCaprio Career
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s acting debut was in the TV show “Romper Room” in 1979, where he played a minor role.
- In 1991, he received his first break when he starred in the TV show “Parenthood” and the movie “Critters 3”.
- He gained recognition in 1993 for his role as a mentally handicapped boy in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape”, which earned him his first Oscar nomination.
- In 1995, he starred in “The Basketball Diaries” and “The Quick and the Dead”.
Rise to Fame
- DiCaprio became a household name in 1997 with the release of the movie “Titanic”, where he played the lead role of Jack Dawson. The movie was a global sensation and became the highest-grossing film of all time at that point.
- He continued to work on notable films such as “The Man in the Iron Mask” (1998) and “The Beach” (2000).
- In 2002, DiCaprio starred in Martin Scorsese’s “Gangs of New York” and earned critical acclaim for his performance.
- DiCaprio and Scorsese continued to collaborate on various projects, including “The Aviator” (2004), “The Departed” (2006), and “Shutter Island” (2010).
- In 2013, he starred in “The Wolf of Wall Street”, which earned him his fourth Oscar nomination.
He has starred in many movies throughout his career, and some of his most popular and critically acclaimed films include:
- The Revenant (2015)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Django Unchained (2012)
- Shutter Island (2010)
- Inception (2010)
- The Departed (2006)
- Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- Gangs of New York (2002)
- Titanic (1997)
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
Leonardo DiCaprio Wife | Children
He has never been married, but he has been romantically linked to several high-profile actresses, models, and public figures over the years. DiCaprio does not have any children.
Leonardo DiCaprio Net Worth
According to Forbes, Leonardo DiCaprio’s net worth is estimated to be $260 million.