Last Updated on by Sleey
Leslie Sykes Biography
Leslie Sykes is a prominent television news anchor, reporter, and journalist based in the United States. She is widely recognized for her role as the morning and lunchtime co-anchor on KABC-TV’s “Eyewitness TV’s News,” which is an ABC-owned and operated network. Sykes initially joined the network in 1994, initially working as a general assignment correspondent.
Leslie Sykes Age
She was born on the 27th of June, 1965. She is 58 years old.
Leslie Sykes Height
Sykes is approximately 5 feet and 5 inches tall.
Leslie Sykes Education
Leslie Sykes’s educational journey included attending St. Joseph High School in Lakewood, California, during her high school years. Following her high school education, she enrolled at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. This solid educational foundation contributed to her successful career in journalism and broadcasting.
Leslie Sykes Career
She has had a diverse career journey, which began with her film debut in Spike Lee’s 1988 feature film “School Daze” while she was still in college. However, after graduating from college, she made the decision to pursue a career in journalism. Her early career included the following steps:
- Los Angeles Herald-Examiner: Leslie worked as a general assignment correspondent at the now-defunct Los Angeles Herald-Examiner.
- KCOP-TV: She gained valuable experience as an intern at KCOP-TV, a local independent television station (now a My Network TV affiliate).
- KTTV: Leslie then secured a position as a news desk assistant at Fox affiliate KTTV.
- WDAM-TV: Her major breakthrough came when she landed her first on-air job at WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. During this time, she hosted three shows daily and played a key role in creating a newscast.
- WVUE-TV: Leslie’s career took a significant step forward when she accepted her first major market job at WVUE-TV in New Orleans, Louisiana.
In December 1994, Sykes returned to Los Angeles and was hired as a general assignment reporter for KABC-TV’s “Eyewitness TV’s News.” Over the years, she continued to excel in her career, eventually being appointed as the co-anchor of the weekend edition of “Eyewitness News” in 1999. Her dedication and skills led to her promotion to co-anchor the 11 a.m. to noon time slot in 2009. She also made appearances on “Eyewitness News This Morning,” further establishing herself as a respected journalist in the industry.
Leslie Sykes Networth
Her net worth is reported to be in the $1 million range