Last Updated on by Sleey
Paul Brand Biography
Paul Brand is a Welsh journalist who is the UK editor of ITV News. He has been the presenter of the current affairs programme Tonight since 2022. He was formerly a political correspondent for ITV News. Brand was central to the reporting on Partygate, a political scandal that culminated in the resignation of Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Paul Brand Age
Brand was born on September 16, 1985. He is 38 years old.
Paul Brand Height
His estimated height is around 5’10” or 178 cm tall.
Paul Brand Education
Brand studied at the following institutions:
- Cowbridge Comprehensive School in Cowbridge, Wales
- University of Oxford, where he studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) and graduated with first-class honors
- City, University of London, where he obtained a postgraduate diploma in broadcast journalism with distinction
Paul Brand Family |parents |siblings
Brand has not publicly shared information about his family, parents, or siblings.
Paul Brand Husband | Son |Children
He is married to Joe Cuddeford, a civil servant. They have a son, Tomos via ‘incredible’ surrogate.
Paul Brand Career
Brand’s career in journalism began as a reporter for the South Wales Echo in 2008. He then worked for the BBC and Channel 4 before joining ITV News in 2015.
At ITV News, Brand has worked as a political correspondent and presenter. He was central to the reporting on Partygate, a political scandal that culminated in the resignation of Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
In 2022, Brand was named UK Editor of ITV News. In this role, he is responsible for overseeing the network’s political coverage. He is also the presenter of the current affairs program Tonight.
Here is a timeline of Paul Brand’s career:
- 2008-2011: Reporter, South Wales Echo
- 2011-2013: Researcher, BBC News
- 2013-2015: Political Correspondent, Channel 4 News
- 2015-2022: Political Correspondent, ITV News
- 2022-Present: UK Editor, ITV News
Brand has won several awards for his work, including the Political Journalist of the Year award at the British Journalism Awards in 2020.
He is known for his hard-hitting journalism and his willingness to challenge politicians. He is also a skilled presenter and has been praised for his ability to explain complex political issues in a clear and concise way.
- Named Political Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards in 2020
- Central to the reporting on Partygate, a political scandal that culminated in the resignation of Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- Presenter of the current affairs programme Tonight
- UK Editor of ITV News
He has also won several other awards, including:
- Excellence in Journalism Award from Press Gazette in July 2020
- Political Journalist of the Year award at the 2020 British Journalism Awards, alongside Dominique Heckels, for their reporting on the impact of COVID-19 in care homes
- Political Journalist of the Year at the RTS Television Journalism Awards 2023
Paul Brand Net Worth
His estimated net worth is between £500,000 and £1 million.