Last Updated on by Sabina
Young Scooter Biography
Young Scooter (Kenneth Edward Bailey) is an American rapper affiliated with Freebandz and 1017 Brick Squad Records and signed to his own label Black Migo Gang.Scooter started his music career in 2008 with the release of his first mixtape, “Finessin and Flexin.” He gained recognition in the Atlanta music scene and caught the attention of Gucci Mane, who signed him to his 1017 Brick Squad Records label.
Kenneth was born on March 28, 1986 in Walterboro, South Carolina, United States. He is 37 years
Young moved with his family to the Kirkwood Community (a.k.a. Lil Mexico) of Atlanta, GA when he was nine.
Young Scooter is an American rapper from Atlanta, Georgia. He first gained popularity in the early 2010s with his mixtapes and collaborations with other Atlanta-based rappers such as Gucci Mane, Future, and 2 Chainz. Here are some of Young Scooter’s most popular songs:
- “Colombia”: This 2013 track was one of Young Scooter’s biggest hits. It features a catchy chorus and verses about the drug trade.
- “Jugg King”: Released in 2017, this song showcases Young Scooter’s lyrical prowess over a trap beat.
- “Work”: This song, released in 2012, features Young Scooter and Gucci Mane trading verses about their hustle and work ethic.
- “Plug Walk”: This 2018 track finds Young Scooter collaborating with rising star Lil Baby. It’s an upbeat song about getting money and living a lavish lifestyle.
- “No Features”: This 2015 song showcases Young Scooter’s solo talents, as the title suggests. It’s a testament to his ability to carry a song without any guest appearances.
These are just a few examples of Young Scooter’s music, but he has a large catalog of mixtapes and collaborations with other artists. Fans of trap music and Atlanta hip-hop should definitely check him out.
Young Scooter Street Lottery
His real breakthrough came in January 2013 when he released his mixtape Street Lottery. It was named “Rap release of the week” by SPIN and XXL featured it on its “Best mixtapes of January” list.
Eric Diep of XXL called Young “one of the hottest street rappers coming out of Atlanta” and also wrote that tracks like the single “Colombia” and “Street Lottery” (featuring Bun B) are “proof of his undeniable talent”.
The tape was then a viral success gaining over 100,000 downloads on DatPiff. The official video for “Colombia” premiered on MTV on January 31, directed by Decatur Dan. It became a hit in the south, especially in Scooter’s hometown Atlanta.
Brandon Soderberg of SPIN also classified it as a mix of Rick Ross’ “Hustlin'” and Future’s “Tony Montana”. An official remix with rappers Rick Ross, Birdman and Gucci Mane was released by the end of the month. Lil Wayne covered the song for his mixtape Dedication 5.
The rapper’s recent success prompted On Smash to state “the buzz for Scooter is at an all-time high.” Scooter was arrested for violation of parole on April 8.
On February 28, 2013, his collaboration mixtape with Gucci Mane Free Bricks 2 was released. He released his mixtape From The Cell Block To Your Block, featuring guest appearances from Future, Gucci Mane, Wale, YG, Lil Boosie, Webbie and Lil Phat, among others on August 29, 2013.
Young Scooter Net Worth
Scooter has an estimated Net worth of $2 million.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply