Last Updated on by Benny
Debbie Matenopoulos Biography
Debbie Matenopoulos is a television host, author, and journalist, best known for her work as a co-host on the daytime talk show “The View” and as a contributor to the TV Guide Network. She is a two time Emmy Award Nominee. She attended high school at John Randolph Tucker High School.
Matenopoulos attended Virginia Commonwealth University, where she studied journalism and political science. After college, she began her career as an intern for MTV News, and later worked as a producer for E! Entertainment Television.
In 1997, Matenopoulos was hired as one of the original co-hosts of “The View,” a daytime talk show that features a panel of women discussing current events and other topics. She remained on the show until 1999 when she was replaced by Lisa Ling.
Debbie Matenopoulos Age
She was born on December 13 1974 in Richmond, Virginia, United States. She was born Thespina Matenopoulos. Her name Thespina was later anglicized to Debbie.
Debbie Matenopoulos Family
She is of Greek Ancestry. She is a daughter to Nicolaos T. Matenopoulos who is a furniture maker and her mother Efrosini is a hair stylist.
Debbie has two siblings, a brother called Ike Matenopoulos and a sister Maria Matenopoulos Thurman. Her father was stricken by ALS and later died in 2012.
Debbie Matenopoulos Husband | Jon Falcone
She married Jay Faires, the president of Music at Lions Gate Entertainment and also founder of Mammoth Records on July 5, 2003 .
In March 2008, the couple separated. On November 12, 2008, Faires filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court where he cited “irreconcilable differences.” In the summer of 2013, she eloped with Jon Falcone her one year boyfriend in Greece.
Debbie Matenopoulos Baby |Daughter
On October 29, 2014, She gave birth to her daughter with Jon Falcone. She was named Alexandra Kalliope Falcone.
Debbie Matenopoulos The View
After a chance meeting Barbara Walters, Debbie was invited to audition and was cast. She became the youngest Co-host on the show.
After over seven years after her last appearance on the show, Debbie was invited back as a special guest co-host for a day. It was the first of many more appearances she made on the show over years.
Debbie Matenopoulos Home and Family
She is the host of Hallmark Channel’s show Home and Family. She offers advice in the areas of home improvement, parenting, fitness and health.
Being a Greek-American girl at heart ,her love of tradition, family, and her love of Greek culture is crucial to her above all else. She is always very passionate about sharing her experience with family, food, health and fitness.
Debbie Matenopoulos Cookbook
It’s All Greek To Me
She was the first member of her family born in America. She grew up in a traditional Greek household, eating delicious and authentic Greek cooking that her family passed down for generations.
In It’s All Greek to Me, She shares 120 of her family’s traditional Greek recipes. She also adds her own touch to make them even healthier and easier to prepare. On of the recipe is,
DARK CHOCOLATE–MINT BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Ingredients for Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 16 thin crème de menthe chocolate mints (such as Andes), chopped (about ¾ cup
Hands-on time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 2 hours 22 MINUTES
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil allowing 3 inches to extend over 2 sides; lightly grease the foil with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a large saucepan over low. Matenopoulos in the sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl; stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, Make the Mint Layer: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Spread over the cooled brownies. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Make the Chocolate Glaze: Place the chocolate chips and cream in a small microwavable bowl, and microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread over the Mint Layer. Sprinkle with the chopped mints. Chill until ready to serve.
6. Remove from the pan using the foil sides as handles. Cut into 16 squares.
Debbie Matenopoulos Net Worth
She has a net worth of $3.5 million and an annual salary of $300,000.