Who is Dante de Blasio? Bill de Blasio’s Son, Age, Mother, Sister, Politics

Date:

Dante de Blasio Biography

Dante de Blasio is the only son of American politician, Bill de Blasio. Bill de Blasio is also the 109th Mayor of New York City serving since 2014.

Dante attended high school at Brooklyn Technical High School. He later joined Yale University from where he graduated in May 2019. He has written an op-ed describing the racism which he, and other students of color, encountered in the elite schools.

Dante also starred in a campaign ad which has been credited with propelling his father to the win when his father was first running for mayor of New York in 2013. In the ad, he was an afro-sporting 15 year old at the time — talked about his father’s stance on housing, education, and on New York’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy.

Dante de Blasio Age

Bill de Blasio’s son is 21 years old as of 2019. He was born in NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, New York, United States.

Dante de Blasio Bill de Blasio

On January 27, 2013, Dante’s father Bill de Blasio announced his candidacy for Mayor of New York City in the fall election. He won the race and was sworn in into office on January 1, 2014, by former President Bill Clinton.

Dante de Blasio Photo

He won the reelection to a second term with 66.5% of the vote, defeating Republican Nicole Malliotakis in 2017.

He announced that he would seek the Democratic nomination for president on May 16, 2019. This is after releasing a YouTube video in which he stated “I’m Bill de Blasio and I’m running for president because it’s time we put working people first”. Bill de Blasio is the first NYC mayor to wage a national presidential campaign while in office since John Lindsay in 1972.

Bill posted screenshots of a WhatsApp conversation in which the mayor asks his son, Dante, for advice.

Several Twitter replies questioned whether the conversation was staged.

Dante de Blasio Mother

Blasio’s mother is activist and poet Chirlane McCray. Her parents met while both were working for Mayor Dinkins’ administration and married in 1994. His mother has published poetry and worked in politics as a speechwriter.

Dante de Blasio Sister

Dante has an elder sister Chiara de Blasio. Chiara is a student at Santa Clara University in California. She addressed her own drug use and depression in late December 2013, through a four-minute video that the mayor’s transition team released.

Chiara also published an essay describing her struggles, writing, “I had an amazing, unconditionally loving, and unbroken family,” she wrote. “I went to good schools. I lived in a beautiful neighborhood. So why, then, did I always feel empty? I was surrounded by love, but I always felt less-than, out-of-place, restless, irritable, and discontent. Perhaps you’re reading this and thinking that I was simply ungrateful. Yes, I was. But a lack of gratitude wasn’t my only problem. I was the problem. I was not born a happy person.”

She has spoken to school groups around the city, urging young people to seek out help for mental health issues. She is also an Advocate for Mental Health issues.

Dante de Blasio Politics

After his graduation, Dante said in a radio interview Wednesday that he’s interested in a job in politics and supports his mayor dad Bill de Blasio’s presidential bid but he didn’t promise to join the fledgling campaign.

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Francis Ogolla Bio: Age, wife, tribe, Family,career,Net worth 2024

Francis Ogolla Biography The Chief of Defense Forces, Francis...

Juliana Aiden Martinez: Unveiling Her Age, Boyfriend, Parents, Nationality, Net Worth 2024

Juliana Aiden Martinez Biography Juliana Aiden Martinez, a young American...

White Day Unwrapped: Exploring the Intriguing Cultural Tapestry of Celebrations

In a global tapestry of festivities White day stands...
Click Here