John Harwood Biography, Age, Family, CNBC, Twitter, Wikileaks

Date:

American journalist John Harwood was born on November 5, 1956. He serves as CNBC’s top Washington correspondent.

John Harwood Biography

John Harwood
John Harwood photo

Harwood was the editor of the school newspaper, The Tattler, when a student at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. His first work in journalism was as a copy boy for the Washington Star while still in high school. Later, he went to Duke University to pursue his studies in history and economics. He received a magna cum laude degree in 1978.

John Harwood Age

Harwood was born on November 5, 1956 in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.

Richard Harwood, a reporter and author for The Louisville Times and The Washington Post, gave birth to him. According to his essay in The Washington Post (April 30, 2000, page B4), his mother was a vocal activist. At age 11, he made a television appearance during Kennedy’s 1968 election campaign.

John Harwood Career

John joined the Florida-based St. Petersburg Times after graduating from college, working in Tampa Bay, Tallahassee, and Washington. John traveled to South Africa to report on events during the country’s final decade under apartheid. He served as a Harvard University Nieman Fellow in 1989 and 1990.

He started working for the Wall Street Journal as the White House correspondent in 1991, when he covered the George H. W. Bush presidency. In 1997, John was ultimately hired by the newspaper as a Capitol Hill correspondent, followed by positions as political editor and chief political correspondent.

On a PBS public affairs program called Washington Week that was once hosted by Gwen Ifill, he usually makes an appearance. Additionally, he may be seen on MSNBC’s Morning Joe and NBC’s Meet the Press.

Tim Russert had Gerald Seib as one of his guests in his final taped interview for his MSNBC program of the same name, which was scheduled to run the weekend of June 14, 2008, only hours before Russert passed away.

John Harwood CNBC

He was named CNBC’s main Washington correspondent in March 2006. “Speakeasy with John Harwood,” a CNBC Digital original video series, is hosted by him. Additionally, he has covered all nine of the most recent presidential elections.

John Harwood Books

Pennsylvania Avenue:

Award-winning journalists John Harwood and Gerald F. Seib demonstrate how the current Washington power structure actually functions in Pennsylvania Avenue. The authors illuminate what it takes to succeed in the high-stakes game of governing and offer insights and examples for how President Obama might actually effect change in Washington. They do this through their unmatched access to capital insiders and their profound understanding of the unwritten rules of the political road.

Harwood and Seib explore the major political shifts that have changed the relationship between Americans and their government through the stories of party strategists, moneymen, policymakers, fixers, socialites, lobbyists, spinners, and deal-makers, many of whom now hold prominent positions in the Obama administration. They highlight both established D.C. power brokers and the burgeoning new generation who have moved Capitol Hill into a new era. Pennsylvania Avenue, which includes a riveting new Foreword on how Barack Obama might succeed, demonstrates how our government actually works and identifies the insiders who actually carry out the decisions.

John Harwood Wikileaks

When the personal email account of political strategist John Podesta, who was working on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign at the time, was compromised and its contents were made public by the website WikiLeaks in October and November 2016, Harwood came under fire.

John Harwood Email

Several of the emails from Harwood, according to some detractors, showed an unprofessional level of intimacy or coordination between the two. They contained an email from John Podesta dated May 2015 in which he forewarned Podesta that the Clinton campaign might face “real trouble” from then-candidate Ben Carson.

John Harwood Twitter

John Harwood Interview

CNBC’s John Harwood On Dr. Ben Carson And Interviews

Published: TUE, MAY 12, 2015

Interviewer: First of all, how difficult was it for you to get a sit-down setup with Dr. Carson?

John Harwood: It wasn’t, it didn’t seem especially difficult. You know, he was preparing to announce his campaign, and this is somebody who has got a substantial grassroots following, but I think he also wants to reach more of what you might call establishment media audiences, and certainly the CNBC audience. It’s business and financial, predominantly, and I think that that’s a group that any presidential candidate, looking at the money you have to raise, is interested in reaching.

Interviewer: Now I was on the Meet the Press panel the Sunday that, he hadn’t announced, yet. It wasn’t last week, it was a couple of months ago with Chuck doing the lead interview with him. And he was very well-prepared, at the same time cautious and slow in responding to some questions – deliberate, not slow, but deliberate. Did you find him to be the same way?

John Harwood: Definitely. Remember, this guy is new to this arena, and as exceptionally gifted as he is in medicine, this is a tough transition that he’s making, and I think he was deliberate in that, and also combative in some ways against what he thinks is, are people in the media who are trying to burn him.

Interviewer: And interestingly, he puts me in that category, I guess.

John Harwood: I, honestly, I was stunned by that, because I listened to your interview as part of my homework before going up to talk to him. And I, like you, I don’t do gotcha interviews. And you prefaced your questions to him in that way, and I thought were not trying to trip him up. But when I raised the interview with him, your interview, he said, oh, he was giving me a pop quiz, and he was so gleeful when I messed it up. I don’t think any fair-minded person could actually listen to the tape of your interview and reach that conclusion, but he did.

Source: www.hughhewitt.com

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Francis Ogolla Bio: Age, wife, tribe, Family,career,Net worth 2024

Francis Ogolla Biography The Chief of Defense Forces, Francis...

Juliana Aiden Martinez: Unveiling Her Age, Boyfriend, Parents, Nationality, Net Worth 2024

Juliana Aiden Martinez Biography Juliana Aiden Martinez, a young American...

White Day Unwrapped: Exploring the Intriguing Cultural Tapestry of Celebrations

In a global tapestry of festivities White day stands...
Click Here